At Folla Fiction we pride ourselves on an excellent proofreading service. Final manuscripts can be proofread online (in Word or PDF format) or in print, and this will include:
- Transferring your files encrypted (when so requested)
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling (whether UK or US English)
- Clear meaning (of words used)
- Applying House Style (using the client’s directions of text formatting, punctuation, and word choices)
- Ensuring consistency (making sure words are spelled the same way throughout the text)
- Checking design and layout (making sure page numbers, chapter headings, contents lists, illustrations, captions, and labels are accurate and correspond with each other)
- At all time liaising with the client to ensure the product is ready for print according to the agreed schedule
- An average turnaround time of two to three weeks
A free (online) sample of two A4-sized pages will be provided. When you agree with the standard of work done, a final quotation will be given upon receipt of the entire manuscript. Quotes will be valid for one month only, from the day of quotation.
The cost of proofreading is $5/1000 words, rounded to the nearest 500 words. The minimum fee is $40.
Express proofreading within three days is possible and will cost $7.50/1000 words.
After the writer agrees to the quotation and a mutually convenient time frame is agreed, payment for proofreading the entire manuscript is due in advance. Proofreading will commence upon receipt of payment.
Payment can be done through PayPal or credit card (through PayPal). Payment in a currency other than US$ will be converted using the exchange rate on the day of invoicing.
Please contact us for more information.
You must be logged in to post a comment.