Here at Folla Fiction, we pride ourselves on an excellent proofreading service. Final manuscripts can be proofread online or in print, and this will include:
- Transferring your files encrypted (when so requested)
- Making sure page numbers, chapter headings, contents lists, illustrations, captions, and labels are accurate and correspond with each other
- Ensuring consistency in writing style, including UK or US English, dashes, and word choice
- Pointing out inconsistencies in typography, layout, and content
- At all time liaising with you to ensure the product is ready for print according to the agreed schedule
- An average turnaround time of one to two weeks
A free (online) sample of two A4-sized pages will be provided. When you agree with the standard of work done, a final quotation will be given upon receipt of the entire manuscript. Quotes will be valid for one month only, from the day of quotation.
The cost of proofreading is $5/1000 words, rounded to the nearest 500 words. The minimum fee is $40.
Express proofreading within three days is possible and will cost $7.50/1000 words.
After the writer agrees to the quotation and a mutually convenient time frame is agreed, payment for proofreading the entire manuscript is due in advance. Proofreading will commence upon receipt of payment.
Payment can be done through PayPal or credit card (through PayPal). Payment in a currency other than US$ will be converted using the exchange rate on the day of invoicing.
Please contact us for more information.